Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Esco Williams Wins 'MOBO Unsung National Competition'


After getting down to the final 20 in MTV Brand New 2012, Esco Williams was last night announced as the winner of the MOBO Unsung National Competition.

A thoroughly deserved winner, Esco will know perform at the MOBO Nominations Launch later this year in front of key industry executives and will feature in MOBO Magazine and on MOBO TV.

Speaking of his win, Esco said:

"This is amazing, I am so grateful right now. There was some immense talent in the competition, many of them from Liverpool and I've won – its unbelievable. I have been doing this for about 10 years now and its starting to pay off."

"I've just released an album through pledge music and I'm going to continue working on that for a while. I'm going to continue to play live shows with my band the super awesome Kontrollers. Then in September I am looking to put out a single called 'New Challenger' which is my Game Boy, Supernintendo, Street Fighter love anthem."

"For anyone that has even remotely supported me, thank you very much. I am eternally grateful."

Want to see what all the fuss is about? Click here.

Spotted over at Liverpool Live